Tuesday, August 19, 2008

10 Days

It's time for the final countdown. I'll be having surgery on the 29th, 9:30am at Denver Children's Hospital. I'll be having the limited open scope, which Dr. Sink has preformed once before. That's a little scary, but he has preformed over 200 Open Dislocations and I'll be having a sports doctor preform the scope part of the surgery. Needless to say I am a little nervous, but I still believe this is the best option for me. (sorry I just realized this post will be a bit random but I have a lot on my mind).

I'll hopefully only be at the hospital for one night. The second day I'll be cleared to get out of bed, off the toilet, and up and down stairs. My mom is taking care of me the first week then my awesome friend Silvia is letting me stay with her the second week. After that I'll be returning to work part-time for one week. I guess I'll get a new countdown then.

Crutches will be my saviour for at least 1 month. I won't be able to do any lifting for awhile and at work I'll need to run my depositions from a high chair. I did get good news the last time I went in to the doctors. I should be able to snowboard by Christmas time! Talk about a great gift!!

Last week I was in San Diego for the SPIE conference (Optical and Contamination). I went out a bit early to see my family. I had such a great time!! We went to the vineyards and tasted some delicious wine. I also went to Coronado and went surfing for the first time! Luckily no pain while surfing. Walking on the board walk in flip-flops was uncomfortable and sitting at the conference for hours on end was also painful.


I can't wait to have my hip fixed! Watch out world here I come!!

No comments: