Monday, May 12, 2008

Can You Say SCARY??



Tomorrow is the MRI with contrast injection. I've been talking to people who have had this done. The consensus is pain and doctors not getting the needle into the hip socket the first time. I hope my radiologist is better, but they work with kids and typically not adults. I am a bit bigger than a kid. Hey I am taller than most people. sigh. Fun times ahead.
But this whole hip thing has re-affirmed what awesome friends I have. People are so willing to help me out, however they can. Friends have offered to drive me to my appointments and others have offered to help out or let me stay at their place if I have surgery. They say good friends are hard to come by. I must have lucked out. I have some of the best friends around!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anna,
sorry to hear about your hip troubles, do you post on the australian InjuryUpdate forum by chance? I remember there was a sync swimmer on there.
Loved this pic, it cracked me up! Hope the doc can get your hip joint next time round! That has to be painful, I got lucky with mine, it didn't take long at all though I was sore for a good couple of days after. I have added your feed to my list of blogs and look forward to reading your updates :-)

Anna "Sparkles" said...

Jess,
Thanks for the comment! I actually live in Colorado. It's interesting to hear another synchro girl having trouble with her hip. Did you end up needing surgery?

Jess said...

Hi Anna, I had a scope to debride my labral tear. Unfortunately I have a slight impingement causing me further problems and will probably need further surgery later down the track.
You haven't updated in a while, how are things going??

Anna "Sparkles" said...

Hey Jess,
Everything is going well! I had surgery and am now recovery! Yay! How successful was your scope?

Anna

Emily said...

Hi Anna,
My name is Emily and I am from San Diego :). I am 17 years old and I am thrilled to have found this blog. Basically, I have gone through most of what you have up to this point. I actually just had this proceedure (including the dye injection, which hurt just as bad as you said) the day before yesterday, in the same place, for the same reasons. The pain started when I was 16 and an active horseback rider and ballerina. I had a period over a month where I couldn't walk or even lift my leg below the hip. I am double-jointed in my hips, shoulders, elbows, fingers, knees, and many other places. They think that this has caused something to get caught in my hip socket. It is nice to know that there is someone else out there who I can look up to and see that things can get better for me and my "unruly hip". Feel free to email me!

Unknown said...

oops- my email is emmajstig@gmail.com

Tim Reed said...

Well, what's left to say, good friends are hard to come by. And when they do, they lift your spirit up and replenishes your soul. Anyway, have you heard about Depuy ASR Recall? It's creating a lot of buzz lately especially those who have undergone hip surgery.