Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pilates

Dr. Sink suggested that I try pilates to strengthen my core. It's possible that this exercise will stop my pain. Hopefully.... I had my first class today. It was with Susan at The Pilates Center. My first class was so much fun! It's like playing with a bunch of random contraptions. The hardest thing was focusing on the correct motions and which muscles to contract. Hopefully this works out.

While at work I got a phone call from a man asking to speak to my Mom or Dad. I was so confused until he realized I was the patent and I was an adult. We got a good laugh out of that. The joys of going to a Children's Hospital while being 24. Dr. Sink has asked me to get an MRI to see if my cartilage has been damaged. I'll be going Tuesday afternoon. I'm scared though. They will be injecting a contrast agent directly into my hip joint to improve the image quality. I have a call into the doctor to see how much pain I will be in afterwards. I hope I can drive home because the bus ride would be 3 transfers and take 2 hrs and 20 minutes. Yuck.

It is crazy that one week ago I was running or exercising everyday. I even was taking tennis lessons. Now I have so much on my mind of what this means. It's great to know what is wrong with my hip, but it is still scary. I know there are treatment options, but being the person I am, I have read way too much on this topic. I have been learning the good, the bad, and the ugliest of results. I just need to remind myself that nothing has changed from this week and last. My annoying hip hasn't changed... now I have a name for the annoyance.


1 comment:

~WriterAlina~ (^_^) said...

I forgot that the main part of palates is w/ a machine. I've only done the free form stuff. I've never used the machine before.