Thursday, September 11, 2008

Update


Tomorrow will be two weeks since my surgery. The surgery went really well. Dr. Polloski (sp) preformed his arthoscope first with my leg in traction. There was a bit more damage than they were expecting so he cut off two cartilage tears and then melted the rest of the cartilage back into place. Then Dr. Sink opened my hip joint from the front side and removed bone from my femorial head and neck region. After removing the bone, he placed his finger in the removed area and moved my leg around... no impingment!!!

Then I was off to recovery. When I woke up I kept saying "My hip hurts" over and over again but I guess it came out as grunts. lol They finall figured it out and gave my a little over 3 mL of morphine directly into my hip (a person my size can have up to 10 mL). It knocked me right out and the nurse commented "she's just a baby." LOL a 5'9" person is not a baby, but I sure can't take my pain meds. The doctors and nurses ended up having a powow after this to discuss the lack off tolerance in pain meds. After than I was put on a 0.6 mL morfine pump (the lowest posible dosage).

The first day I slept most of the time. I was lucid while they hooked me up to the CPM (continous passive motion machine) that moved my leg up and down. It REALY hurt and first but then got better.

Time to make a list with my mom. I'll update the rest later.

No comments: